Times
 
   
    •  
      news source :
      view counter: 479
      code: 28782
      publish date:
      12/08/2013

      Opening of Regional office for Asia - Opening of Regional office for Asia

      A delegation of FMDV went to Mashhad (Iran) from 2 to 5 October with the objectives of proceeding to the opening of FMDV Regional Office for Asia, developing a technical assessment of the project requirements of the Municipality of Mashhad supported by the FMDV and organizing the development of the Global ...
      Opening of Regional office for Asia - Opening of Regional office for Asia

      A delegation of FMDV went to Mashhad (Iran) from 2 to 5 October with the objectives of proceeding to the opening of FMDV Regional Office for Asia, developing a technical assessment of the project requirements of the Municipality of Mashhad supported by the FMDV and organizing the development of the Global Campaign on Sustainable Finance of urban territories for the Middle East and West Asia region.

      Mission Mashhad:

      A delegation of FMDV went to Mashhad (Iran) from 2 to 5 October with the objectives of:
      - Proceeding to the opening of FMDV Regional Office for Asia;
      - Developping a technical assessment of the project requirements of the Municipality of Mashhad supported by the FMDV;
      - Organizing the development of the Global Campaign on Sustainable Finance of urban territories for the Middle East and West Asia region.

      Opening of FMDV Regional Office for Asia: the Bureau was inaugurated by the Mayor of Mashhad and Vice President of FMDV, M. Seyed Mohammad Pezhman and the FMDV Executive Director, M. Alain Le Saux. The Bureau will be coordinated by a project officer from the municipality. The expertise of different departments of the municipality, including the “International Scientific Cooperation Office” (ISCO) which hosts the FMDV Bureau, will be mobilize on the activities of the Regional Office. Besides the development of project activities and the representation of FMDV in the Region, the Regional Office will coordinate the Global Campaign on sustainable finance of urban territories launched by the FMDV in the region of the Middle East and East Asia West with the General secretariat of UCLG MEWA based in Istanbul.
      Following the inauguration, meetings with directors of city departments, academics and other Iranian cities mayors were held throughout the day.

      Technical evaluation of the project: The Board of Directors met in Porto Alegre in November 2011 has made the selection of first projects, including that submitted by the Municipality of Mashhad. The project aims at implementing a site recovery of organic waste in the process of digestion. Advanced technical studies have been carried out by the services responsible for processing waste. It is expected that the FMDV expertise to:
      - Assess the technical and financial studies performed, and make any adjustments;
      - Search for foreign equipment suppliers. The process is the first of its kind in Iran, the necessary equipment should be sought and purchased outside of Iran.
      - Financial engineering to achieve the financial: Mashhad Municipality is committed to a contribution of 30% of the total required investment and operation of the project. FMDV should propose the organization of the remaining 70% provided by the private sector to participate in the search for investors.

      Organization of the Global Campaign on Sustainable Financing of urban areas for the Middle East and West Asia: As part of the preparations for the Third Summit of cities and urban areas of the United Nations (Habitat III) be held in 2016, the FMDV initiates a Global Campaign on sustainable financing of urban areas. It aims to develop tools and policies developed by local communities and their partners who provided access to necessary financing development needs.
      It will be divided by region (Latin America, North America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and West Asia) to the nearest regional political realities, national and local. A final document aggregating regional activities will be presented at the Summit Habitat III. The operational implementation will be carried out through technical seminars, publications, support for demonstration projects and training.
      As Regional Office of FMDV, the municipality of Mashhad will bring politically charged Campaign in the region and ensure the coordination and facilitation of the Campaign for the Middle East and West Asia with support UCLG MEWA (UCLG regional office based in Istanbul Region middle East and West Asia), institutional holder.
      In this geographical area, the campaign could be launched in January 2013 when the General Assembly of UCLG MEWA.

       

      visit count: 479
      Name:
      Email:
      Comment:
      _CMNT_SECCODE:
       
      0 0
      Do you like this content? Yesy No